Re: [TenTec] Corsair II PC Interface

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II PC Interface
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 13:19:06 -0600
I didn't look at the C II but the Omni B/C and Corsair 560 all appear to have
a dedicated (isolated) bandswitch wafer tied to the "linear" socket on the
back panel. If' I'm reading the schematics right the individual bandswitch
positions and the common terminal all come out to the connector, so the
voltage/logic level used could be anything reasonable within the switch
rating. The only reason I could see needing diodes would be to encode it down
to a binary sequence instead of dealing with 9 individual lines.

That being said, the C II may be different.

For a "black box", as cheap as RasPI's are that might be an option to consider
(speaking out of school here as I'm not up to speed on them.)

73, Al