Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 5.5 MHz VFO PLL alignment

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 5.5 MHz VFO PLL alignment
From: Dukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 21:59:57 -0600
Actually the synthesizer in this radio is pretty simple by synthesizer
standards.

It is also rather ingenious.

I have found that the CPU puts more of these in the parts bin than synthesizer
issues.

But, we all have different experiences. For me, I’d rather wrestle an opponent
I can beat (a PLL  synthesizer) than one I cannot (a CPU with proprietary chips
you can no longer get at any price).

73

Gary