Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Question
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 10:44:28 -0600
Therein lies the rub. It has reached the point where the purchase of any
recent production (recent being the past couple of decades) technology item,
including automobiles, probably needs to be viewed as "disposable" from the
likelyhood of the item eventually becoming a parts donor or going to
recycling due to parts availability and repairability. Case in point: a "car
guy" neighbor of mine says he's seen certain models of ten year +/- old
luxury vehicles going for salvage value at auctions due to high
troubleshooting and repair costs related to the dozens of computer modules in
the vehicle. It's ironic that in many cases it's easier to keep the old
Tritons, early Omnis, etc. on the air than it is the newer stuff. That's the
advantage of having the rig's "CPU" be the one between the op's ears.

73, Al