Re: [TenTec] Off Topic - IRCs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Off Topic - IRCs
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 15:53:15 -0500
Having dealt with IRCs recently, here's the latest cr@#p.

1. All USA IRCs (no matter when purchased) are deemed to have expired in 2013, no matter
the date "Good thru" is shown.

2. Only newer IRC's (from other countries) with the cupped hand and water (about 3.5 x
6 in) are valid ... and only until mid-2017.

3. The USA will only honor certain (unstated) IRCs from other countries, even if the
type is #2 above, from certain/limited countries and NONE after 2017.

4. Some IRCs are not honored in other countries at all and others not at face value, but
some discounted value.

5. ITU has a list of countries selling/accepting IRCs; however, the list is disavowed in
certain (unknown and unstated) countries.

So, good luck with buying/selling/using IRCs anywhere -and- soon nowhere, eh?

73 de Phil - N8PS

Quoting Richard Knox via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>:

TenTec Fans,

Over the years I have made numerous overseas contacts with my various TenTec rigs: Century 21; Century 22; Corsair II and Omni VI+. However my stash of IRCs is rapidly diminishing.

So recently I went to the Post Office to purchase some more IRCs. I was surprised that the USPS no longer provides these. And hasn't for several years.

If anyone on the list has any IRCs they would be willing to sell me, please contact me off the list.

My contact info is KnoxCOLatAOL.com

I hope everyone is having a most Merry Christmas Season and Happy Holidays!

73!  de KD4BRL   Dick