Re: [TenTec] Orion II vs Icom 2300

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II vs Icom 2300
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 16:47:58 -0800
I've not looked at one, but everything I'm seeing is that the 7300 looks a lot better on paper than they do on your operating desk, and their price has fallen like a rock. If I needed an HF rig in that price class, I'd look at the Kenwood TS590SG. I've heard lots of good things about it.

If you have a lot more dollars to throw at it, I'd think seriously about a used K3. Best way to do that is to monitor the Elecraft reflector.

73, Jim K9YC