Re: [TenTec] Orion II vs Icom 2300

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II vs Icom 2300
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 05:35:27 -0500
Can an IC-7300 do this?
http://tentecwiki.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=&media=orionpan3.jpg

I'm asking seriously - every image of the panadapter spectrum I've seen
either on the IC7300 internal LCD or an interfaced PC has been low
resolution, blocky and pretty lousy looking (i.e., unable to trace a
curve).  You'd think it would be the opposite since the IC7300 is a direct
sampling SDR.

I'm also not that crazy about the front panel ergonomics of the IC7300 and
IC7610 but I guess you would get used to it.

73, Barry N1EU