Re: [TenTec] Scale Of Eagle Production

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scale Of Eagle Production
From: Spencer <w1gak@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 16:08:38 -0700
Barry N1EU wrote:
My take on new radios. A few years back I waited for Elecraft to produce their portable ham radio, got tired of that and got IC-7000. Good radio but need a brain book to run it. Two or three yeas ago while recovering from medical issues I did the dongle sdr and airspy thing, Holy cow. I dont want a computer in my RV for many reasons. I want a stand alone SDR. Some very expensive stand alone units became available but here today gone tomorrow is not for me. What happened to TEN-TEC? Along comes IC-7300. Good radio but need a brain book to run it. The IMHO the built in auto tuners are at the wrong end of the transmission line. I also own a OMNI 7 and a Corsair. I can repair the Corsair but my OMNI 7 is an orphan.

Spencer W1GAK