Re: [TenTec] Correction: Omni 6 LPF Board jumpers

To: Dave Bowker <david.bowker@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Correction: Omni 6 LPF Board jumpers
From: Dukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 08:55:20 -0600
Thank you for the help. That was exactly what I needed.

It seems that TT changed the relays from SPST in the transition from the Omni 5
to the Omni 6 early models and found that they could short out the tuned
circuits in unused bands to reduce impact of stray reactances.

The Omni 5 used SPST relays but even the early Omni 6 radios used SPDT relays,
Ten Tec simply did not use the second set of poles in early Omni 6 radios. It
seems they found some noticeable benefit in adding the feature to shorten out
the unused tuned circuits since they had the extra poles in there anyway.

Now I know how to put this back to its correct operation.

Thank you very much!

I am sharing this with the group because I think your information might be
helpful to others if they see this and are surprised by it.

Gary

W0DVN