Re: [TenTec] corsair 1

To: ROLAND HOWELL <snowy.howell@btinternet.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] corsair 1
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 22:14:05 -0400
Snowy,

I had a shorted bypass capacitor on the counter board on my Corsair that was messing up the logic that tells the counter what band its on.

73,

Bob WB2VUF

On 3/28/2017 11:38 AM, ROLAND HOWELL wrote:
  Hi All, some help from you learned gents out there please.I recently found a faulty Corsair
1 in my loft, couldn't remember how long its been there, so I decided to try and resurrect
it.sorting through a couple of problems pertaining to the readout of certain bands, it covers
1.8mHz thru' to 29.5mHz.Readout on the following bands is correct:-1.8, 3.5, 7, 21, 24.5, 28 -
29mHzbut on the following bands it is totally wrong:switch on 10mHz, display reads
28mHz-----"-----   14mHz, display reads 96mHz-----"-----   18mHz, display reads
27mHz-----"-----    29.5mHz, display reads 1.5mHzI initially thought the crystals in the
osc/mixer had been put in the wrong order, but I have the user manual and the picture of the
osc pcb shows most of the crystal numbers so I refitted them in that order.It didn't make any
difference to the readout.I injected a signal into the radio of 29.5mHz, turned the selector
switch onto that band and tuned the radio to 1.5mHz, there was the signal, so it a
ppears that the radio is on frequency and it is just the readout that is
wrong.I opened up the display module and checked the diode component
orientation to the picture in the manual, seems ok, however I have a revision A
time-base board which is NOT shown in the book. So the question is ( yes I
finally got around to asking it hi hi), would the diodes on the display boards
cause the erroneous readings either O/C or S/Cthanks for your time and patience
in reading thru' this.73, snowy, g0hze

---