Re: [TenTec] Power supply for Hercules II

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Power supply for Hercules II
From: "KR7O" <kr7o@vhfdx.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 05:52:37 -0700
These surplus power supplies are becoming popular at least with the VHF guys
to drive the current SSPA 1KW pallet amps out there.  They are reportedly
reasonably RF quiet, but I suspect some external suppression will be
required and there will be variation from unit to unit.  They can be
modified to be floating so they can be combined series/parallel.  I
purchased four last fall for under $100 shipped, but haven't had time to
power them up yet.  I know a couple people that are happily using them.

Hopefully this link is acceptable,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Lot+of+4+HP+ProLiant+DL580+DL785+G5+DP
S-1200FB+A+1200W+Power+Supply+438202-001&_id=332015621210&&_trksid=p2057872.
m2749.l2658

The downsides, given my experience with HP blade servers, is they are going
to be audibly loud, especially on power up and you have to fabricate a power
connector (or by a premade adapter that costs as much as the power supply).

73, Robert KR7O