Re: [TenTec] Orion I , worth the trouble?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I , worth the trouble?
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 22:37:43 -0500
This isn't unique to TT. It's an issue across the board: semiconductor devices
come and go based on high-volume commercial requirements, often military.
Amateur gear is such low-volume that no semiconductor maker will design
something solely for us. Almost all such devices are pressed into amateur
service.

The Dragonball's bread and butter was Palm devices. When those went the way of
the dodo, the Dragonball went with it.

I have an Orion II with the RX-366 and all the roofing filters. I know that if
the processor goes, it does, too. But, I still like the rig and have no plans
to unload it.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith