Re: [TenTec] eagle 599 on CW

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] eagle 599 on CW
From: Josh Gibbs <gibbsjj@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 21:41:26 -0700
Hi Mike,

You can use either the ACC1 or the regular key jack. The output of an
external keyer looks just like a straight key to the radio.

I'd probably use the key jack since the required cable is just a simple
audio cable. I don't see any benefit to using the ACC1 port.

The Winkeyer will plug in to your computer via USB and that will allow your
programs to key the radio. Computer control (i.e. changing mode / frequency
/ etc on the radio) would require another connection to the computer (USB
port on the Eagle to a USB port on your computer).

Hope that helps. The Eagle looks like a great rig. I'd love to own one of
those some day!

73,

-Josh WA7FPV