Re: [TenTec] new Eagle

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new Eagle
From: Greg S via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 12:27:57 -0400

 At first blush, sounds power supply related to me. My first troubleshooting
step involves disconnecting everything from rig except power cord, straight key
and dummy load. Measure voltage AT RIG while key-down into dummy load at max
power. Try the tuner into the dummy load....what does it do? (Made assumption
earlier the coaxial jumper is good....another common weak link in the chain.)
still hear the spuruii with dummy load attached?    Report back, as there are
many members of this list WAYYYYY more knowledgeable than I. I have only
attended 2 schools: hard knocks and experience ;-).    Hope you find it is not
trouble with your new Eagle.

73- Greg KC8HXO

> On Jul 3, 2017 at 22:26,  <John Bescher via TenTec
> (mailto:tentec@contesting.com)>  wrote:
>

>  Mike, You might be getting RF from high SWR back into your Eagle. I have
> seen transceivers do weird things when stray RF gets into it. I did have a
> situation where the antenna tuner did not tune, did not even try. The SWR was
> too high. When I fixed the antenna, the Eagle antenna tuner operated normally
> again. Its a great little transceiver, especially for CW. Hope you enjoy it.
> 73....John Bescher, N4DXI -----Original Message----- From: Michael Tortorella
> To: tentec Sent: Mon, Jul 3, 2017 2:06 pm Subject: [TenTec] new Eagle Hello
> to the list, I have just put my Eagle on the air from my vacation QTH in
> Maine and have a couple of questions that are not answered in the manual.
> (1)I am hearing an awful lot of what sound like spurious signals..as much as
> about every 1 kHz or so on 30 an 20 meters CW..some with the antenna
> disconnected and some not. Does this seem normal to other Eagle users?
> (2)about how long should the autotuner require for a match? It seems like
> sometimes you
 press th
e tune button and nothing is happening for 30 seconds or more (the SWR
indicator stays pegged at high) (I turned the tune off after about 30 seconds
to avoid overheating). Turned the radio off and back on again and it seems to
tune more speedily. Has anyone else experienced this what sounds like the radio
temporarily losing its mind? Thanks an 73, Mike W2IY --- This email has been
checked for viruses by AVG. http://www.avg.com