Re: [TenTec] new Eagle

To: "'Greg S'" <oldlongbeard@yahoo.com>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new Eagle
From: "Michael Tortorella" <w2iy@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 13:28:35 -0400
Hi Greg and John,

Thanks for the info.  I have found that some of the birdies go away when I
disconnect the antenna so maybe some are simply local junk up here in Maine.
Some of it is certainly high-swr related because many of these are heard on
a band (e. g. 30 meters) if I have not run the auto-tuner.  That said, I am
at a vacation location and lacking access to anything more sophisticated
than a multimeter :-)  But little by little we will zero in on this.  The
Eagle is running 2.004 firmware, I need to check the TenTec website to see
if there is a later version available, maybe that would help too.  In any
case, the bands are pretty dead up here the last few days, I hope thing
improve a little as I would like to run the IARU HF contest next weekend.

73, Mike W2IY

  _____