Re: [TenTec] notch filter for Eagle?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] notch filter for Eagle?
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 08:33:33 +0200
I was operating 40m SSB recently and had a disturbing dual-tone carrier come up
on my frequency.  The two tones were about 800 Hz and 600 Hz, +/-, and a good
S9.

I pushed the notch button on my SDR transceiver and both tones instantly and
completely disappeared, enabling perfect copy of the SSB station.  I was so
surprised, I thought the two-tone signal had coincidentally ceased. I turned
the notch off and both tones were back at S9.  Notch on again: both tones
completely gone.

I find this to be a dramatic improvement over the old fashion manual notch
filter which could only remove one tone.

73
Rick, DJ0IP