Re: [TenTec] Omni VI filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI filters
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 22:02:32 +0000
I don't see how a PIN diode is going to result in abnormally high output.

What would be a very interesting experiment is to pull all the 6.3MHz i.f.
filters and simply jumper the in/out filter slot pins together (or bridge
them with a reasonable size ceramic disc capacitor).  What you should see
when moving thru and engaging the filter switches is a ramping up output
from 2.4 to 1.8 to 500 to 250.

Another interesting experiment would be to swap the 2.4KHz filter with the
1.8KHz filter and see if the abnormally high output follows the 1.8KHz
filter or if it stays with the 1.8 filter slot.

Barry N1EU