Re: [TenTec] Orion II tone at 7030, 14030

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II tone at 7030, 14030
From: Rod Greene via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 17:38:28 +0000 (UTC)
Wifi router frequency for me

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, September 17, 2017, 9:53 AM, P C Andy Anderson
<xtraham58@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi John,

Just checked both freq's on my O2 and do not hear anything. I tuned both sides
of those freq's.

No antenna attached and preamp off, Rf gain at 100. I would guess that it is
something internal.

Andy...W3LI

________________________________

Is any other O2 user detecting this? I was going to call it a heterodyne
but that might not be the right word... just a steady CW-like tone.
Using LCW and tuning up, it first becomes audible (to my ears) about
7030.100 and I can last hear it at 7030.700. On 20m, the audible tone is
14030.060 to 14030.700. It's plenty strong enough to interfere with CW
signals on this popular frequency. I do not hear it on 80m or 10m.

-- John K3GHH
lists.contesting.com
Your email address: Your name (optional): You may enter a privacy password
below. This provides only mild security, but should prevent others from messing