Re: [TenTec] FW: orion vs. orion II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FW: orion vs. orion II
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 09:31:28 +0000
The only thing the xtal filtering accomplishes in the Orion is to prevent
overload of the ADC by off-channel signals.  4 Poles is plenty.

No, the filter skirts are determined by the number of taps of the dsp
filtering, adjustable in the Orion's menu, not by the xtal filtering.

As I listed in the TenTec wiki article I linked earlier, the Orion II is
generally a more reliable radio as they age and that's why I give it a
slight nod.

73, Barry N1EU

Virus-free.
www.avg.com