Re: [TenTec] Dayton hamvention cw touch paddle

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dayton hamvention cw touch paddle
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 14:11:26 -0400
On 5/22/2018 2:08 PM, Carter wrote:
On 5/22/2018 12:59 PM, Tom wrote:
To All.. I saw a CW touch paddle at a vendor booth on Saturday of Dayton,, he had paddles touch type for 145 dollars show special,, I was in the flea market all the time selling and did not get back inside to get one,,, Does anyone have info from the guy, I did not get booth number or company name,, any info would be much appreciated!!
Thanks to all
Tom
Wa8wzg
73's

Before you spend 145 bucks, you might want to look at the touch paddle / keyer combined from K1EL. It is $59 plus about $8 for shipping (it is heavy). Can use an external paddle if you wish, key 2 different rigs, either solid state or grid block (no cathode keying without an external relay), has built in code practice for receiving and sending, 6 memories, serial numbers, etc, etc.  It got a nice review in the April '18 QST. I got one and like it, I give the keyer an A, the touch paddle a C+ (only because I am not used to a touch paddle).

DISCLAIMER: no connection to K1EL other than as a satisfied customer.

73,
Carter
K8VT