Re: [TenTec] I need help flashing Orion firmware

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] I need help flashing Orion firmware
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:42:22 -0500
I suggest going to the Tentec. COM site, https://www.tentec.com/?p=1345

Select Orion and then scroll down to documentation.  Look for HOW TO

73

Bob, K4TAX

Updating the FLASH FIRMWARE on Ten-Tec Orion Refer to "74474 Orion565n566 User Manual Addendum V3 Firmware.pdf" for more details on Version 3 firmware, and the RAM Clear and Master Reset sequences.

1) Turn Transceiver OFF.

2) Connect a PC to the transceiver using the appropriate cable.

3) Turn the Transceiver ON while holding down the USER2 button. Wait for display to indicate "Flash Update Mode"

4) Start the Update program Windows "START" "All Programs" "Ten-Tec" "Orion V3 Update" "Orion V3 Firmware Update"

5) Choose SETUP under the SETTINGS menu to then select the COM port to which the Transceiver is attached. And select OK.

6) Choose UPDATE under the PROCESS menu.

7) Select the RUF file under the Process Menu.

8) The program will update the radio and report any errors encountered. During the update process the Orion screen will indicate the current line being processed.

9) A RAM Clear and Master Reset MUST be performed when transitioning between V1/V2/V3 firmware

Hope this helps.
73
Bob, K4TAX