Re: [TenTec] Jupiter xmt issue & WTB: used TT xcvr (Jupiter, Omni VII, C

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter xmt issue & WTB: used TT xcvr (Jupiter, Omni VII, Corsair II, Argosy II, Scout...)
From: Lee <lee@wa3fiy.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 23:49:16 +0000
Rob,

Recently my Jupiter was doing the same thing and I repaired it by replacing FL2, 455 khz transmit ceramic filter. FL2 failure is a common problem. There was a lot of discussion here in March this year about the problem. Changing the part is not hard if you or someone you know has the capability to work with double sided, plated through hole PC board. If you have no experience with that, it would be best to find a qualified shop to do it.

Mfg. part number is CFW / LTW455D. (The "D" is important as it specifies the bandwidth) Ten-Tec MAY be able to supply the part. If not, they can be purchased here...

https://www.minikits.com.au/components/passive/filters/ceramic-filters/ceramic-band-pass/LTW455D

BTW, the same thing can happen to receive (FL3). That occurred on this radio several years ago, so if you are going to order the part might as well get 2 pcs. It is not expensive.

73 all de Lee WA3FIY

Rob, I am sending this paragraph as a "blind carbon copy" so only you see it. Since I have several Jupiters, Pegasus, etc. I ordered extra parts and can send you one to your QRZ address. Let me know if you want to proceed.