Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422 amp keying issues

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422 amp keying issues
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 20:27:43 -0500
Although I've not researched my documentation on the topic, I do recall that one must jumper D2 on the QSK board to assure that the amplifier would key correctly from the Omni VII.

As to release of the T/R relay, if Q4 on the QSK board is leaky or is not turned off by U2 then the T/R relay will stay engaged. This will require a bit of trouble shooting on the QSK board to determine the exact cause as to why the T/R relay is being held engaged.  Also, the RF Sense transistor, Q3, being defective will command the T/R relay to stay closed, even after RF is removed.

To my knowledge, there are no replacement boards available for the Centurion series.

73

Bob, K4TAX