[TenTec] Argosy 2 525d

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy 2 525d
From: ROLAND HOWELL via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 12:46:09 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi allWell truly puzzled I am, have gone thru' the IF/AF board but apart from
a couple of resistors that had their legs cut and soldered again I could not
fault it, everything appeared to correct.Then I noticed that pcb numbering was
different to what is in the manual, just the same as the low pass filter which
was a 91696, this pcb also was a 9**** series, got me thinking that perhaps I
am chasing a non existent fault.Refitted board to radio and attached my
inverted 'L' and the signals romped in on 7mHz with the 'S' meter doing a dance
across the scale, the other bands were the same.So it would seem that the fault
has gone or I have unknowingly cleared it, now if I can just get the power
control to work and the pa to give continuous RF output all will be well, just
so long as that finals board is in the manual and not a later model 525d for
which there will be no diagram, parts placing and listing.Thanks to those that
offered help and advice especially Steve Hunt73Snowy G0HZE