Re: [TenTec] Omni 5, Omni 6 5.0 to 5.5 MHz PLL saga -- for the repair ar

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 5, Omni 6 5.0 to 5.5 MHz PLL saga -- for the repair archive, except for the editorial comments
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 11:11:28 -0500
I just received a quote from a company regarding repair. Diagnostic fee $250 and $135 / hr.   If I have the unit repaired the diagnostic fee would be applied to the repair.   In any even, I'm spending a minimum of $250 plus shipping both ways.

Yes I understand the warranty repair issue.  However, if it had not been warranty, how much would be charged?    Frankly for ham radio repairs today, considering time and test equipment required and space allocation, $135 is a reasonable rate.   The days of $35 / hour are long gone.  Folks, get over it!     Now you know why I no longer repair ham equipment.

73

Bob, K4TAX