Re: [TenTec] 585 paragon

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 585 paragon
From: "Rodney" <w3krq@dejazzd.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 17:47:00 -0400
I shipped a mike to queen land Australia cost 11.00 US MAIL

-----Original Message----- From: Bob McGraw K4TAX
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 5:07 PM
To: tentec@contesting.com

Yes, international shipping is getting very expensive.    I have a piece
of test equipment which I sold via E-Bay.  When I went to ship the 10
lbs. packed to Brazil I was quoted $285 and that didn't include
insurance.  WOW needless to say I declined that purchase.

As I am liquidating all of my shop test equipment, now retired from
radio repair, I will say that I'm getting fair and acceptable prices for
each piece of equipment but the packing and shipping is killing me.
Even using the E-Bay estimator and bumping the number 50% doesn't cover
my costs.   What gives?

Oh well, at least it puts some new $$$ in the ham radio fund. No sense
in crying over spilled milk........here kitty kitty kitty.

I'll look for some of those screws.

73

Bob, K4TAX