[TenTec] Issues aligning Omni 6+ (Mod. 564) FM TX carrier frequency

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Issues aligning Omni 6+ (Mod. 564) FM TX carrier frequency
From: Sven Ladegast via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 16:04:51 +0100
Hello folks,

I do have trouble aligning the TX carrier frequency on an Omni 6+.

With no modulation applied, the TX carrier frequency shall be 9.00300 MHz measured at connector 73 of the board. I used a TMP-BNC cable and connected it to connector 73 and connected the BNC connector to my accurate frequency counter using a T-connector and additional 50 Ohms termination.

The TX carrier frequency is aligned by turning the core of L2 but with the core complete turned out of the coil I get a maximum frequency of 8.9965 MHz and cannot get to 9.00300 MHz. Do have anyone an idea what is going wrong? Aged XTAL?

73!

Sven, DJ2AT