Re: [TenTec] Issues aligning Omni 6+ (Mod. 564) FM TX carrier frequency

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Issues aligning Omni 6+ (Mod. 564) FM TX carrier frequency
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 09:34:31 -0600
Perform the BFO alignment in the sequence defined in the manual. All steps must
be done regardless of the mode you operate or do not operate. Be sure the radio
is up to operating temp.  Perform the sequence 2 or 3 times as there is
interaction between the adjustments.

The set the Master Osc so the radio displays the correct frequency.  The
display is not a true frequency measurement but is a display based on the
Master Osc. It does not know if the band Oscillator is off frequency. Also you
can trim each band to get the frequency per band a bit closer.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone