Re: [TenTec] molex?

To: tentec <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] molex?
From: Carlos <carlos.peco@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 13:42:03 +1100
Very interesting.

My understanding of the datasheet is that they are good for 50
mating/unmating cycles and temperature at the junction will rise by 30
degrees with a current of 18A (when within the first 50 mating/unmating
cycles).

Do we know why these connectors were chosen for 100W radios and the
Hercules II amplifier, with little or no margin as the connector ages? In
an amateur radio application, the 50 cycles lifespan is going to be
consumed very quickly and the pins/sockets will start degrading at a fast
rate.

73,
Carlos VK1EA