[TenTec] problem with no audio control on OMNI V

To: ten tec list <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] problem with no audio control on OMNI V
From: Brian <brianpepperdine@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:29:54 +0000
I took my OMNI V off the shelf last night as part of the effort to pare down
the radio count as per XYL.
Been a while... anyhow first of all I had to reset it (BTW, it has the OMNI V.9
chip in it) in order to see proper band setup as per chip and to have them
display properly.

Found that it seems to have RF-in level control via the pot --- but the
amplified audio is not there... very low audio and the audio is not controlled
or altered via the audio pot.. rotating the pot does not change the audio level
(low). It stays a constant low level. I did a quick look at the circuit in
regard to the audio and IF board and took out plug 55 and reinserted it, which
I believe is the cable from the audio control.
I gently pushed most of the white connector plugs firmly into their sockets on
the boards on the bottom.
Any ideas... the audio pot itself and its white cable connector is on a quite
inaccessible assembly behind the front panel, of course.

Is it likely or possible for the pot to fail, or is there some other likely
thing that comes to anyone's mind?

tnx

Brien VE3VAW