Re: [TenTec] Omni-D with an Annoying 1khz Tone

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-D with an Annoying 1khz Tone
From: <forum4ll@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 05:20:51 +0000 (UTC)
Well, I finally used an external power supply to power Omni-D frequency counter
and see if the whining tone would go away. On the first three bands, no whining
could be heard, hooray. However, at 10mhz and above, the whining is more of a
faint tone which is  -12db down from the problem which I think I can live with.
So with that, is it safe to assume the source of this whine is coming from some
other board that is sharing the 13.8V supply?

I made a list of all the boards sharing that supply but I'll probably look at
the audio side tone board first since that is closest to the speakers and work
my way backwards with an oscilloscope checking all the bypass caps to ground.

Lyman KK6LPW