Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ IF board gain: what is normal?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ IF board gain: what is normal?
From: MadScientist <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 22:56:47 -0600
I have an Omni 6 on the bench now so I can check the “gain” of the 9 MHz board
but showing a 7 dB net loss seems a bit high.

You can rune out the filter (which I have found to be bad in a few cases) by
removing it and putting a wire jumper across the active pins on the board. You
loose selectivity but you test the filter loss.

The filter can be marginal and not affect TX power much because the TX chain in
the Omni 6 has far more than enough gain to produce good output even if the
filter is marginal.

Gary