Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ IF board gain: what is normal?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ IF board gain: what is normal?
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 13:51:40 -0500
Phil

I am not sure how to measure the LO injection on the Omni VI DBM.  The most
common DB Mixers require at least 7dBm, and that would be hard to measure
using RF voltages since the diodes are driven into hard conduction and I
suspect the RF voltage will show little variation once the diodes are
starting to be driven into conduction.

Ideally, one would be able to take the LO signal and measure it directly
with RF MilliWatt meter, but that is not very practical for several
reasons...

I am guessing, but I suspect the mixer strong signal handling (dynamic
range)  would start falling off before the mixer losses show noticeable
increases as the LO level falls below spec.