[TenTec] Omni D - possible VFO rebuild in my future

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D - possible VFO rebuild in my future
From: tfr001@myfairpoint.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 15:32:39 -0500
So I have an Omni D. Lately, the VFO knob has been getting much stiffer. It
will sort of freeze wherever you leave it overnight... the next day, it will be
very hard cranking and it seems like you have to crank it many, many more
revolutions just to get it to move freq at all. If I crank it up and down the
entire bandwidth, it will be servicable for the day, but next day back to the
same thing.

So am I looking at a rebuild here? Or maybe just a re-lube?
I have not attempted to open the VFO before this... and sort of dreading it now.

-Tom N1OOQ