Re: [TenTec] Coil values (bandpass section) on VI+ XO/LO board

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Coil values (bandpass section) on VI+ XO/LO board
From: Phil Erickson <phil.erickson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 07:09:18 -0500
Hi again,

  I was hoping to avoid the words "coil rewind" but I guess you're right.
Time to break out the magnet wire.  Rats.

  By the way, for posterity, the bandpass filter topology is interesting
and based on my crude ngSPICE simulation, it actually has two reasonably
narrow resonant peaks, which are presumably located at the two LO
frequencies needed.  The simulation did not give these at a frequency I
trust due to a degeneracy in the way they are actually implemented, but
there are definitely two.  The "front" coil L1 controls the low resonance,
while the "back" coil L2 controls the high one.  This only applies for the
160/80 and the 40/30 topology; the higher bands have 3 coils involved and
are more complex.

73
Phil

----