Re: [TenTec] Scout driver transistors

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout driver transistors
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 15:45:47 -0600
When I worked on the IMTS car phone line at Motorola, I had a power amplifier deck that simply would not work.  So, I showed it to my group leader.  He stared at it for several minutes and then reached out and moved a capacitor.  Suddenly the amplifier deck was making full power!  When I asked him how he knew that part was bad, he just told me that he could sense these sorts of things.  I replaced that capacitor, and was very careful to solder the leads into the PC board properly.

I still don't know how he did that!

Steve WA9JML