Re: [TenTec] Orion A9

To: Byron Cordes via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion A9
From: John <jlockj@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 11:26:17 -0500
Hi Byron,

Two years is a short time for the caps to go bad. My Orion II was able to go 8 years on the original set.

I'm curious, how many hours a day your Orion is on (on average) and did you use 100 degree C caps last time you replaced them?

If you go with a 5 volt regulator, I recommend mounting it on the back (attach to TX heat sink?) or placing a small computer fan blowing into the chassis if you leave it inside.

John  W0DC