[TenTec] (no subject)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: Bob DeVarney W1ICW <w1icw@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 09:34:05 -0500
First I want to say a HUGE thank you to all the folks who have responded to my request for a schematic- the response has been simply overwhelming and I have tried to reply privately to thank each and every one of you.

I don't want to appear ungrateful but so far you've all sent me the schematic I already have.

In the hopes of saving somebody some upload time, I am specifically looking for the schematic for the 80975 Oscillator Mixer board for the Corsair II but ONLY if the schematic shows U1= MC1496, NOT a TL422. I already have a copy of the schematic with U1=TL422, so please, please don't send me another one.

I am beginning to suspect I have a very, very late model Corsair II, perhaps one of the last ones made before the model line was discontinued, and I suspect the TL422 had been discontinued by the manufacturer (Texas Instruments) which necessitated an emergency redesign of the Oscillator Mixer board around a chip that was available, the Motorola MC1496. I've heard from one other TenTec owner who also has his Corsair on the bench who has the same board as mine, so I am in hopes that maybe in the archives somewhere there might be a hand-drawn schematic.

Fortunately my board appears to be working properly, but I would like to have the correct schematic to add to my manual for future reference.

Again, please excuse my seeming ungratefulness, but if you're planning to send me a schematic, please check it first before you send it to me, and potentially save us both some time.

On a separate note, does anyone know of a source of knobs, or "knob brights", the polished aluminum inserts used? I am missing one of the inserts on my Drive knob and would like to find a replacement if possible.

Thanks again, and VY 73 de Bob W1ICW

-