Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus problem, help requested?

To: jswartzwa9aqn@gmail.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus problem, help requested?
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 15:01:43 -0600
Check power connections on the rear.  Normal problem with the Molex type
connectors is the contacts loosen and heat with increased current.  Needle nose
pliers carefully used will tighten them.   But the issue will likely be
reoccurring.  Best to plan on replacement.

Also a cleaning and reseating of all connectors and cables is likely necessary.
  Use contact cleaner applied to a Q-Tip and scrub the male pins. Then exercise
the connectors on and off a couple of times.  NEVER spray anything into the
radio or connectors.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone