Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Heath SB-200 Amp

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Heath SB-200 Amp
From: <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 16:30:33 +0100
STOP; DO NOT DO ANYTHING YET!

"ASSUMPTIONS" are very dangerous.

Connecting the Eagle to an original SB-200 will damage the Eagle; specifically
blow out its open-collector Amp-Key circuit.

Please find out EXACTLY what has been modified in the radio.

Best is if you can show us a circuit.

There are several good mods floating around, but I wouldn't risk someone else's
word, especially if they said it ‘should’ work.

Assuming the keying circuit inside of the SB-200 has been modified to be keyed
with 12 v.d.c., then a simple connection will suffice to key up the amp….but as
Rich has correctly pointed out, [for CW and some digi modes, or VOX operation
in SSB], you MUST add time-sequence keying.

Before we go into elaborate detail on this, please let us know if you will only
be operating SSB with PTT, or using any of the other modes listed above.

73,

Rick, DJ0IP

(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)

May the Sunspots be with us!