Re: [TenTec] Omni Vl Plus Amplifier Switching

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni Vl Plus Amplifier Switching
From: <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 16:55:48 +0100
I used my OM6 with Ameritron amps, no problem; because I used an external keyer
with built in time-sequence keying.

Originally I used my own home-brew keyer; ugly but effective.  I built it with
a fixed 25mS TXD and variable Hang.
Later I bought an MFJ Millennium MFJ-495 keyer.
It has front-panel adjustments for the front-end TX Delay (TXD) as well as
back-end hang-delay.

https://mfjenterprises.com/collections/mfj-enterprises/products/mfj-495

This is cheaper than buying a new amplifier.

73,
Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)
May the Sunspots be with us!