Re: [TenTec] Omni Vl Plus Amplifier Switching

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni Vl Plus Amplifier Switching
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:17:30 -0400
The scheme used in the Tentec radios that have TX EN and TX OUT goes like this.

When the radio wants to transmit, it sets TX OUT low. The amplifier is supposed to receive this line and when the antenna relay in the amplifier is transferred, that sends ground out the TX EN line. So when TX EN goes low, the radio actually sends out RF.

Tentec amplifiers have this. Also Acom amplifiers have a key in and key out line that is compatible with this scheme.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
127 River Moss Way
Hertford, NC 27944
www.n4py.com