Re: [TenTec] Orion or Jupiter.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion or Jupiter.
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 12:19:44 -0500
The only non-digital filters in the Orion (or Orion II, for that matter) are the roofing filters. Everything else in the rx chain is digital. I have an RX-366 in mine and it's the same way. My understanding is that it's essentially the same rx as in the Eagle and I believe it, too, is digital from the roofing filters. In both rx chains, the roofing filters are crystal filters -- all else is digital.

As for visibility of the display: the displays are equal on both rigs. The Orion II is color, but the numbers are pretty big. That said, their size can't be adjusted. N4PY software might be helpful in that I'm certain its display can be adjusted to meet many needs. Large screens are also very reasonable in price, so even if the N4PY software doesn't display well enough fwith your current screen you can make the screen itself larger which might help.

73,

Kim N5OP