Re: [TenTec] T/R switching delay on Orion 2

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, Petr Ourednik <indians@xsmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] T/R switching delay on Orion 2
From: W4JBA <uoba@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 22:17:35 -0500
Petr,

 Sorry to hear about your dad having problems with his O2.              The Orion II has a 15ms delay built into the firmware by default. There should always be at least 15ms delay prior to seeing RF at the amplifier.    As you know, this is to prevent "Hot Switching". I agree with you in that it kinda sounds like RF getting into the rig somehow. Maybe a Master reset will clear the gremlins out, and put him back on the air. Here's hoping for the best!

73,

Jim  w4jba