[TenTec] Omni 6+ Synthesizer Noise

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6+ Synthesizer Noise
From: "Robb Urie" <rurie@bajabb.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 10:55:32 -0600
Howdy,

I recently placed my Omni 6+ on the work bench to run it for awhile and noticed
an excessive amount of synthesizer noise during receive.   I have owned this
radio from new since 1999 and have never heard noise like this before.   If one
is on a quiet band, it is quite objectionable and if I use headphones, it
renders the radio useless.   I did try both a partial and full reset without
any change in noise.   When turning the main knob or depressing any of the
front panel button, the noise changes pitch and gets stronger.   Transmit
appears normal but I did not monitor my signal to verify if the noise is being
transmitted.

The radio does not see much use lately and I try to power it up every few
months (Too many radios).

Has anyone seen anything like this?  My next plan of attack is to get in there
and start checking the wiring harnesses on all the boards.

Thanks,

Robb NØRU