Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ Synthesizer Noise

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ Synthesizer Noise
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 12:37:45 -0500
For a radio of that vintage and specially one not used very much........it is
time to clean connectors.  A radio that sits and is not used much, one is not
saving it but actually allows it to deteriorate.

Unplug each cable one at a time. Wipe the male pins using a Q-Tip moistened
with contact cleaner. Then plug and unplug a couple of times to wipe the female
contacts.  Be sure all connectors are correctly aligned and fully inserted.

NEVER spray anything into the radio.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone