Re: [TenTec] FSK

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FSK
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 14:20:52 -0500
I too used my Omni VI+ and later my Omni VII in true FSK mode for RTTY using an external terminal unit.   Later I gave up all the extra cables and hardware and switched to AFSK.  I saw no difference or advantage one way or the other.   Agreed, the AFSK configuration does require closer attention to levels  but I found 80 to 90 watts output was very adequate and a very clean signal. External PA cooling is required in all cases.    The advantage using AFSK for RTTY is not having to swap connectors and cables when I wanted to work PSK-31 or other audio digital modes.

73

Bob, K4TAX