Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI plus

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI plus
From: Barry Simpson <vk2bj@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 12:12:48 +1000
I have seen the various replies to your request for help but I think we
need a bit more information from you.

You say that there is no RF out on transmit. Is the PA actually drawing
some current on transmit ?

If so, and given the sudden nature of the problem affecting receive and
transmit, I would suspect that it is something external to the rig.

Something very simple such as the failure of the PL259 plug in the antenna
socket of the rig - either not making proper contact or the centre
conductor of the co-ax has broken.

Have you considered and investigated an external cause ?

Barry Simpson  VK2BJ