Re: [TenTec] Argosy II problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy II problem
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 09:50:37 -0400
I remember reading that article, but let me toss this out

those bad jumpy PTOs left the factory with a defect,

I don’t feel after 34 years of operation, that factory defect would raise its
ugly head.

An old mod was to use a safety pin to ground the PTO shaft. Putting the shaft
at ground potential. There is enough ‘spring’ in the safety pin to apply
pressure to the shaft. It fastens to the chassis with one of the PTO mounting
screws.

Mike, WB8VGE
www.theheathkitshop.com