[TenTec] Orion 2 100hz off

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 2 100hz off
From: Scott Sheppard <scott.vy1co@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 10:52:46 -0700
Thanks Marcus

I should have mentioned that I have duplicated the results using a
brand new Siglent 1032x Sig Gen...it duplicates the results shown with
the smaller Gen set.

It seems that to me, the issue is the actual adjustment ability
(range)  regardless of what it is being measured against. As I say,
for a given signal injected at a freq on 20m band, the lowest tone I
can get on my audio analyzer is about 697 hz...any adjustment
whatsoever, and no matter how careful, causes the tone to rise. You
can turn the adjustment screw full circle through its range and
eventually come back to its 'closest setting' of about 697hz again. I
agree that nothing is broken per se, and the radio works like a champ;
if that tcxo began at around 597hz I'd have the range to fix the
issue.

Hope the above makes sense...and I love the reference. That was a great movie!

Scott