Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 526 Audio

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 526 Audio
From: Richard <FlatHat@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 16:19:34 -0500
Greg —

Thanks for replying so quickly.

> … it is MUCH more accurate to use it to record yourself, VS. listening while
> speaking. It's physics.

Yes, it is.

Listening while speaking brings into play the considerable influence of bone
conduction which the guy on the other end of the conversation doesn’t hear.

On the other hand, none of the radios I own can record anything. Between a rock
and that other thing on that.

My last but not useless alternative is to listen to adjust the audio BEFORE it
goes into the radio. Years of doing that with other radios have given me a sort
of sixth sense about it, but as we all know, close means no cigar.

Thanks again.

Cheers!

Richard Kunc
W4KBX